Debt Advice

There are a lot of resources available online for debt advice - many of these, are free. But please remember to always check where this advice is coming from, and be sure that there are no hidden costs or contracts.

The Money Advice Service offers a Debt Advice Locator which tells you where you can get free debt advice in your area. This is a really good tool to help you take control of your financial situation and feel less stressed and anxious.

You could also have a look at:

Council Tax

If you are on a low income, you may be eligible for Council Tax Support or Reduction for help paying your bill.

If you are in receipt of UC you will need to make a separate claim to your Local authority:

If you live on your own or with children under 18, be sure to claim a Sole Occupier discount to get 25% off your bill. There are a number of other exemptions/discounts available. In the first instance contact your Local Authority; contact our Team if you need further information.

Utility Bills

Saving money on your gas and electric bills is a good way to maximise your income.

There are lots of price comparison sites available but please ask the Team if you need assistance with swapping your supplier. If you know you will be switching, make sure you are aware of any exit fees that may be charged. There are tariffs available that do not have any exit fees.